- US is not in the top five countries in research spending
- US was ranked 40/40 in the ITIF ranking on improvement in innovation capacity
- Innovation generally requires technology development (not just business models)
- Government fuels innovation at universities and education
- All other governments seem to be pushing innovation. Only in US it is controversial.
Interesting commentary. Not quite sure what to do about it. Just increasing funding may not be a comprehensive solution. When I was in grad school, most students there were immigrants. As cultures get wealthy, do the loose the fire and desire to work hard?...